Atrial fibrillation can make you feel faint, dizzy, or cause incredible fatigue. What's more, medications are only modestly effective against atrial fibrillation in most patients.
The Atrial Fibrillation Center at URMC gives patients new hope. We offer the very latest treatments, provided by doctors who are the area's top specialists in atrial fibrillation.
- We are one of the nation's leaders in providing atrial fibrillation ablations, a minimally invasive procedure to treat atrial fibrillation.
- After atrial fibrillation ablation, many of our patients no longer need any further treatment or medication.
- We perform more ablation procedures than any other center in the region.
- Our electophysiologists—also know as EP Cardiologists—specialize in the treatment of atrial fibrillation and other heart rhythm disorders.
- In many cases, we provide advanced treatments that are not available at any other hospital in the region.
- We are the only area center involved in clinical trials exploring new treatments for atrial fibrillation.
- We have three fully equipped labs for ablations, staffed by dedicated nurses and technicians.
- Our newest lab provides robotic navigation for radiofrequency ablation, enabling even greater precision, safety and versatility.
Have you been diagnosed with atrial fibrillation? Then call the Atrial Fibrillation Center for an appointment. Call (585) 275-4775.