Hypertension is an important risk factor in heart disease. Yet it's possible to have hypertension—also known as high blood pressure—for many years without ever having a symptom.
The Hypertension Clinic at URMC offers the area's very best expertise in hypertension. We have helped hundreds of patients to lower their blood pressure, and we are experts at helping patients who have hypertension that is not easily controlled.
- Our Director, John Bisognano, M.D., is the region's leading authority on controlling hypertension.
- We tailor treatment to each patient, often helping patients to achieve lower blood pressure with fewer medications.
- We can help patients with severe or uncontrollable hypertension through advanced technology, like the Rheos blood pressure implant. We are the leading center in the country for implantation of this novel device designed for people with blood pressure that is difficult to control with drugs.
- URMC is involved in the latest research on controlling high blood pressure, so we are able to help our patients get the most advanced treatments.
- We help patients identify diet and exercise programs that may help to lower blood pressure and improve health and energy levels.
- We take a holistic approach to our patients, looking at other conditions that impact their health such as diabetes, high cholesterol and coronary heart disease.
- Through regular follow-ups, we fine tune your treatment for the best results with the least medication.
Who to contact
Do you have high blood pressure? Are you interested in getting better control over hypertension with the fewest possible medications? Then please call the Hypertension Clinic at URMC: (585) 275-2475.