Our cancer care is led by the Wilmot Cancer Institute. At Wilmot, we offer more cancer specialists than any other center in the area. We also offer the most clinical trials, giving our patients access to leading-edge treatments that are not yet widely available.
This high level of care is also available in more places: at the Pluta Cancer Center, and at Interlakes Oncology and Hematology—which are now both part of UR Medicine.
"I went to the obstetrician for my first prenatal visit. He found a lump in my breast. And it turned out to be cancer." -Heather Garigen
- The Wilmot Cancer Institute has the region's most rigorous and extensive cancer research program, with a special focus on matching treatment to each patient's specific DNA profile.
- We offer true multidisciplinary care, where medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, surgical oncologists, pathologists and other specialists come together to discuss and plan your care.
- We have the region's only bone and marrow transplant program, which has done approximately 2500 transplants over the last 25 years.
- We are the only cancer center in the area offering breast prone therapy to better protect healthy tissue during radiation treatments for breast cancer.
- We have a nationally recognized Geriatric Oncology program which provides highly specialized cancer treatment to patients 70 years of age and older.
- We offer the region's leading survivorship program, designed to help cancer survivors live better, healthier lives.