Liver Transplant Pathology
The Liver Transplant Pathology lab offers prompt, skillful reading of core needle biopsies. In 2015 we diagnosed 77 liver allograft biopsies.
Biopsies are read by a pathologist the day after procurement with a same day interpretation available for urgent cases and for all liver transplant patients.
Scope of Disorders Diagnosed
- Hepatitis: viral, autoimmune, drug-induced
- Chronic cholestatic disorders: Primary biliary cirrhosis (PBC), primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC)
- Congenital and pediatric biliary disorders
- Alcoholic liver disease
- Fatty liver disease
- Metabolic disorders (Wilson’s Disease, hemochromatosis)
- Tumors: benign and malignant; primary and metastic
- Acute and chronic rejection
- Recurrent and de novo hepatitis
- Biliary obstruction stricture
- Vascular insults, venous outlet obstruction, hepatic artery thrombus
- Recurrent tumor
- Ischemic/reperfusion injury
- Recurrent PSC, PBC
For more information or to request our services, please contact us at (585) 275-3191.